12.03.2009

A CHRISTMAS TREE SHIRT

So, I had so much fun making the turkey shirt that I decided to try out a Christmas tree shirt made out of ribbon.  The hardest part was deciding on what ribbon to use and what type tree to make - a tall skinny one, a big one or just whatever I think looks!  This is a very simple shirt to make.  All you need is a shirt (the color of your choice), ribbon, a button and a sewing machine.




After choosing the ribbon, play around with the colors to align them however you would like to make a Christmas tree.  To keep the ribbon edges from fraying, I barely burnt the ends of the ribbon.  The ribbon can also be folded under at both sides, then sewed across instead.  The top and bottom of all ribbons have one straight stitch.  I have also seen some sew one straight stitch right down the middle of the ribbon all the way across.  Then I placed the button at the top and sewed it on.


Fairly easy, don't you think!  Give it a try!  I plan to try out some pink and brown ribbon next, and play around with the non-traditional colors.




20 comments:

The Stewart Stuff said...

Absolutely adorable...and affordable. Love it!!!

McKinney Madness said...

Absolutely precious! Why didn't I get some creative genes in me?! : )

the monkeys' mama said...

you never fail to amaze! LOVE it!!!!! i'm totally going to do this craft for my kiddo!

1LuvnMama said...

wow! i luv your new blogwear & colors! you've been busy creating! i see you've made new digi papers . . . luv them all! happy holidays P & B!

Anonymous said...

Very cute... now if I could ever find the time to learn to use the sewing machine my mom bought for me three years ago. Love the new layout.

Kate

the monkeys' mama said...

i'm making this today! Can't wait to share a picture with you!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Precious!! Just adorable!!

BrnEyedGal said...

Wow, that is so creative. How do you think of such adorable ideas!!! :)

Unknown said...

So cute! One of the things on my to-do list is to learn to sew. This looks like something easy I could start with. Thanks for sharing and Merry CHRISTmas!

Megan {ShabbyBlogs} said...

What an awesome idea!

Anne Mouton said...

Soo cute!!! Will you be making a T-shirt for Valentines Day???? Hint Hint :)

SevenSeed said...

www.SevenSeedTees.com is a charity t shirts company a lot like TOMS Shoes. for every shirt you buy they feed a child for 10 days. I Just bought their Tree Shirt and I love it! Check them out at http://www.SevenSeedTees.com

K Kelley said...

I made this today! Love it!

Anonymous said...

That is very cute! New follower and looking forward to spending more time on your blog!
Joy
mommaskindacrafty.blogspot.com

MuahRi said...

I'll make this for our ward Christmas party! Thank you so much!

Katiebee said...

thanks for sharing your idea! i'm making these for our littles for a early Christmas gift~

Kathie said...

This looks like a lot of fun, thank you!

Jennifer said...

Please, please tell me where to buy ribbon like this. I've gone everywhere and cannot find any Christmas ribbon at all. Please email me jmminor at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I don't have a sewing machine. Could I do this with iron-on seam binding or something?
THanks!

Anonymous said...

How do you make it do the ribbon doesn't look Bunchy?

Post a Comment